THE GO-BETWEEN

	via Joseph Losey, Harold Pinter, & L.P. Hartley

Are you casting black magic?
Not lately.

Would you like to learn?
I feel quite nonplussed.

We were hard at it all the time.
Yes we were.

What cheek!
What should we do?

Order him off!
Just one more header.

He was gored by the Boers.
You can bore me with your life stor . . .

Barry Alpert / Silver Spring MD US / 11-18-09 (1:31 PM)

No advance planning involved in this circumstance--I arrived after the film had begun and
simply started writing down lines after a bit.  Then I stopped, after a period of no more
than 10 minutes.  Though normally I would try to end up with 12 lines since there were
12 letters in the title, I was surprised when I looked at the rough draft a day afterwards
and discovered that I had intuitively written 12 lines, each of which could be used.  When
I began viewing films seriously, Losey & Pinter's "The Servant" intrigued me, but I didn't
expect to find this collaboration so simpatico.