Well, I like that last quote, even if you dont know who said it, Chris.

I said 'so-called pomo' because I agree, the term has thinned out so
much it really has no hold on anything any more. And yet, we forget &
use it....

I think I was just responding in terms of my own responses when
confronted with certain, apparently highly thought of, & certainly
accepted into museums, photography that strikes me as not only flat
(lacking any sense of depth, in-sight, etc) but graceless, whatever. I
want something that I can return to with a sense of renewal, that I
will look at again & again with, yes, pleasure. There are (art?)
photographs that do that.

So how 'minor' an art it can be is something I can never be sure
about....

Your comments around such topics are always interesting.

(& it's good to hear that 'The danger has passed. The fire in the
Pilliga has been defeated.')

Doug
On 21-Nov-09, at 10:33 PM, Chris Jones wrote:

> I do not tell my students.... I don't have a heart to say that if they
> want Art, they should be ready to live when no one will ever know
> them.

Douglas Barbour

http://www.ualberta.ca/~dbarbour/

Latest books:
Continuations (with Sheila E Murphy)
http://www.uap.ualberta.ca/UAP.asp?LID=41&bookID=664
Wednesdays'
http://abovegroundpress.blogspot.com/2008/03/new-from-aboveground-press_10.html

Good taste is as tiring as good company.

		Francis Picabia