Apologies for multiple postings

Dear colleagues
We hope that some of you might be interested in our conference which is setting out to explore how we encourage, recognise and value the learning and personal/professional development gained by students from experiences outside of their academic programme. We think this is an important area for PDP practice and many of you may have interesting practices and insights to share. This is timely in view of the work being undertaken on the HEAR project.. During the conference there will be a PDP panel chaired by Rob Ward  and I hope that there will be a significant number of papers that highlight the role of PDP practice in this important  but often neglected area of

students' learning and achievement.

Best wishes
Norman

Contributions are invited to SCEPTRE’s next conference APRIL 13-14th 2010
Enabling a More Complete Education: Encouraging, Recognising and Valuing Life-Wide Learning in Higher Education
http://lifewidelearningconference.pbworks.com/
Its all about valuing learning gained from experiences outside the academic curriculum and enabling learners to bring their life-experiences into their own higher education learning enterprise.

Please pass this link to any colleagues who might be interested.
The conference is supported by a number of organisations including HEA, QAA, AGR, CRA, WACE
ABSTRACT DEADLINE NOVEMBER 30TH

Please pass this link to colleagues who you feel might be interested

Send the following command to [log in to unmask] subscribe/unsubscribe LISTNAME FIRSTNAME LASTNAME or Go to the homepage of LISTNAME. Enter ‘Join or leave list (or change settings)’ and enter your details to join, or press the delete button.