27th November 2009

This multidisciplinary programme at the Institute for Advanced Studies in Glasgow explores the way we model values and uncertainties about the future for public policy analysis, bringing together economists, management scientists, scenario planners, horizon scanners, psychologists, political scientists, statisticians and others.

One theme of the programme is to explore how we can understand policy impacts across different policy domains and avoid the creation of policy silos. On Friday 27 November we hold a morning session with three speakers on the theme of Overcoming Silos in Policy Making. Presentations will include contributions from Jan Polley(Associate of National School of Government), Paul Vaughan (Senior Manager of Policy and Communications Fife Council) and Lorraine Rogerson (Director of Strategy and Policy for the Attorney General's Department).

9.30: Coffee

9.45: Jan Polley (Associate of National School of Government)

"Strategic Policy Making - the Theory & the Practice"

10.20: Paul Vaughan (Senior Manager of Policy and Communications Fife Council)

"Overcoming silos in local service delivery"

11.30: Lorraine Rogerson, (Director of Strategy and Policy for the Attorney General's Department)

"From Joined up Government to Cross-Cutting Public Service Agreements: where next? A view from inside and outside the policy silos"

12.30 Lunch

1.15: Wrap up

This event is part of the Institute for Advanced Studies programme "Investing in an Uncertain Future". Further information on the Institute of Advanced Studies can be found at:

http://www.instituteforadvancedstudies.org.uk

To participate in the event please email Matthew Revie at [log in to unmask]

The event will take place at the Institute for Advanced Studies, James Weir Building, University of Strathclyde, 75 Montrose Street, Glasgow, G1 1XJ.

Regards

Dr Matthew Revie
Department of Management Science
University of Strathclyde
40 George Street, G1 1QE
Phone: 0141 548 4578
Fax: 0141 552 6686
Email: [log in to unmask]
Web: www.riskconsortium.org

Only 1% of the world's business schools are triple accredited:  Strathclyde is one of them
http://www.strath.ac.uk/business/accreditations/<blocked::http://www.strath.ac.uk/business/accreditations/>

[cid:image001.jpg@01CA69EC.047B2CA0]   [cid:image002.jpg@01CA69EC.047B2CA0]    [cid:image003.jpg@01CA69EC.047B2CA0]