Melinda, List,

nothing wrong with a rant, please indulge mine...

Playing devils advocate here, I'm all for forcing utilitarian art in the
situation we face with environmental change. A lot of long-cherished
ideas, ideologies and habits are going to have to go to the wall or
modify themselves.

One of the fascinating things for me (in a watching a  car crash in
slow motion kind of way) is seeing how the art world struggles to
reorganise it’s priorities as it grapples with the changed realities of
cultural production and relevance in an era of environmental upheaval.
Visiting the Frieze art fair in london it barely impinges.

As Roger Malina says, we're all in this together. We need to get with
the scientists on this......

<end rant>

Tom