Dear All,

Having rcd. an email from Mike Moore re the above vol. (& my purchasing
same from him a few days ago), I feel I must write very briefly. I am not sure
 whether it was direct from him or via the List - I don't have time to
double  check.

Anyway, whatever be the case, it is a first class vol., but I unfortunately
 at the moment have only had little time to glance through it - though I
intend  of course to read it properly in a few weeks time!

As to the pro's and con's of how books should be sold - & I will  dwell on
this only briefly - it is a shame that Mike was required to say  what he had
to, and a pity that he has had to take the action that he sees  appropriate
in the circumstances.

Speaking for myself, I rely on such services he provides since they  have
proved invaluable on many occasions. At the same time, likewise NMRS has
proved just as helpful, but, in this instance, the cost difference is not quite
 just.

Mike, you will please supply asap. yet another copy of the  Shropshire
mining vol. please (in addition that is to the working copy you  have just
sent). I wish to present the latter supplied vol. to someone  who is shortly
visiting.

Regards to All, Bernard