Hi,
Hoping someone might be able to help me!
Have come across interesting ethnographic data RE midwifery perception of
PPH rates and am trying to test the perception against recorded national
rates.
Not with standing difficulties with definition and EBL etc. etc I am looking for
rough ball park figures for the last 20 yrs.  While mortality rates from PPH are
easily available, I am having trouble locating stats on the trends in over all
incident rates.
Any suggestions where a stats illiterate researcher should look?
Thanks

Mandie

PS my data suggests midwives think the rate is increasing.  Surprising I think
given the moving gate posts where a more symptomatic approach is applied in
the defining process and where an appreciation that physiological third stage
management is likely to be associated with an increase in initial loss (which,
incidentally, is considered to be normal)