-----Original Message-----
From: medieval-religion - Scholarly discussions of medieval religious
culture [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of rochelle
altman
Sent: Sunday, November 15, 2009 4:36 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [M-R] Attitudes Toward Labor and Commerce

medieval-religion: Scholarly discussions of medieval religion and
culture

Jeffrey,

Robert S. Lopez, The Commercial Revolution of the Middle Ages,
950-1350. CUP, (c) 1976, rprt. 13 times 1978...  2005. Bib. 169-175.

Yes it does indeed address the Christian attitude towards laborers,
merchants, and artisans. In agricultural based societies, merchants
and artisans were classified lower than the peasantry. Don't
underestimate the changes in attitude brought about by the commercial
revolution.

Rochelle

<http://myobiterdicta.blogspot.com>http://myobiterdicta.blogspot.com
>To join the list, send the message: join medieval-religion YOUR NAME
>to: [log in to unmask] To send a message to the list, address
>it to: [log in to unmask] To leave the list, send the
>message: leave medieval-religion to: [log in to unmask] In
>order to report problems or to contact the list's owners, write to:
>[log in to unmask] For further information,
>visit our web site:

to: [log in to unmask]
to: [log in to unmask]

to: [log in to unmask]