[Please excuse the x-posting]

I'm involved in examining the attitude toward commerce and work (as opposed to study and prayer) among medieval Jews in France and Germany. I'd appreciate any and all bibliographic and source references to the medieval attitude toward Labor, Commerce and Artisanry (as activities). I've looked at LeGoff, Gurevitch and Ovitt. I'm especially interested in attitudes towards merchants and small artisans.

Thank you in advance,
Jeffrey Woolf

--Facta, non Verba---

Dr.  Jeffrey R. Woolf
Senior Lecturer, Talmud Department
Director, Center for the Study of Post-Talmudic Halakhah
Director, The Rashi Project
Bar-Ilan University
Ramat Gan 52-900 Israel
O. 972-3-531-8593