*** This email has been sent from the MEDIA ARTS AND DANCE email forum. To respond to all subscribers email [log in to unmask] *** I can tell you otherwise! - having just been on a panel last month with John in Oslo on the future of dance film. I think there is always room for someone to push artists, curators, programmers to really defend what they are doing. It leads to healthy discussion (as it seems he is aiming to do with the event posted)!!

I also must add that he addressed the misperception that he contributed to the demise of screendance by not continuing the Dance on Screen program at the Place (Magne Antonsen asked him this question directly). He said that there were other programs that he wanted to fund, limited funds, and that therefore he had to make a tough call the end the Dance on Screen program - he went on to say he felt that that particular program had run its course, started something, and someone else/another org needed to take over the support of the genre who was more specialized in dance for the screen... did anyone take the torch and run with it?

Best,
Helene

Hélène Lesterlin

Curator, EMPAC

t  518.276.3918

c 917.622.0294

empac.rpi.edu

EMPAC:  Experimental Media & Performing Arts Center at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute in Troy, NY

Begin forwarded message: