-----Original Message-----
From: An informal open list set up by UKSG - Connecting the Information
Community [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of
Goodfellow, Nicholas
Sent: 26 November 2009 08:49
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [LIS-E-RESOURCES] Safari Technical Books Online: authentication
method

Dear colleagues

We are considering switching our method of authentication to the above
resource from IP to IP and Athens, because of off-campus authentication
problems using our VPN service (the text of books is not being
displayed). We would be very grateful to hear:

a)      from anybody who has switched from IP to IP & Athens
authentication for Safari as to whether they experienced any problems as
a result of the switch-over

b)      from anybody who has always used Athens authentication for
Safari as to whether any problems have been encountered

c)       whether anybody who uses IP authentication has experienced
problems using a VPN service for off-campus access, and how, if at all,
these problems were resolved.

Thank you

Nick Goodfellow
Knowledge and Technology Manager
Information Hertfordshire
Hatfield de Havilland Campus Learning Resources Centre
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
AL10 9AB
Telephone: 01707 285770