-----Original Message-----
From: An informal open list set up by UKSG - Connecting the Information
Community [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Kelly
Lovell
Sent: 10 November 2009 12:16
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [LIS-E-RESOURCES] Informa Healthcare and Shibboleth

Hello

I'd be interested to know whether any other libraries have lost
Shibboleth
access to Informa journals since the migration to the new Atypon
platform
last month.  St George's disappeared from the list of UK Higher
Education
institutions which means our users are currently unable to access
Informa
journals off-site.

I contacted Informa tech support who requested our Entity ID (aka the
URL of
our Shibboleth server), which I supplied.  They told me that it wasn't
recognised by their system and must be incorrect (it isn't).  My problem
has
now been referred to Atypon and is being dealt with by the "development
team", which would suggest that it isn't going to be fixed quickly.

Shibboleth worked perfectly prior to the migration, so I can't
understand
why something so fundamental is proving to be such a problem.  I'm
wondering
whether we are on the only Informa customers unfortunate enough to be
experiencing this?  I can only see 13 HE institutions listed with
working
Shibboleth access at the moment, so there must be some more of you out
there!

Thanks,

Kelly

Journals Librarian