I try to avoid the hybrid titles if at all possible and will at times not
select collections if they have large numbers of them because it is very
frustrating to undergrads to get led to materials which they can get access
to only parts.  That said - there are occasionally a few which I will make
as exceptions with a note.

Our link resolver (SS) is based on titles selected and dates.  It does not
deal with hybrids which makes them (the hybrids) to me to have little
value.  It is one of the great quandaries when considering open access - if
it is provided via hybrids rather than stand alone OA journals - how does
one get to the content?  If I cannot lead users reliably to the content - I
won't provide links.

If anyone was thinking that the available free content was not worth
pursuing -  I ran a quick analysis of our free content - easy to do via SS
but it was early this morning and I had a meeting to go to so did not to it.

Here are the numbers on what I track at present -

Title Unique    16876
Total    titles tracked 22301

It does overlap more with subscribed titles but there is substantial full
text which is provided - many of which have great value.

Mike

Mike Poulin
Digital Resources Librarian & Coordinator of Digital Initiatives
Colgate University Libraries
13 Oak Drive
Hamilton, NY 13346
315-228-7025