Hi there,

I’ve recently registered a development v2 Shib IdP with the UK Federation – in order to get this IdP to interoperated with UK Fed SPs I had to set the Java Heap Space in Tomcat to an appropriate level – this appears to be working fine and I can connect to the UK Fed test SPs and see the attributes that were supplied.

However, I’m having issues trying to run tests from the command line using the aacli.sh script (this is a linux box). I’m guessing that I need to ensure that Java has enough heap space to do its stuff, but my attempts to do this have so far failed - I get “No attribute statement.” returned and checking the logs I can see that attributes are generated but then discarded because “No entity metadata available” (which I’m guessing is because of the heap space issue?).

I’ve tried adding a parameter to the last line of the aacli.sh script thus:

"$JAVACMD" '-Xmx512m' '-classpath' "$LOCALCLASSPATH" '-Djava.endorsed.dirs='"$LIBDIR/endorsed" 'edu.internet2.middleware.shibboleth.common.attribute.AttributeAuthorityCLI' "$@"

- and I’ve tried simply setting it in JAVA_OPTS:

export JAVA_OPTS=-Xmx512M

. . .but neither of these approaches appears to have fixed the issue.

I’m not a Java/Unix whizz (I know just enough to be dangerous ;-) ), so have run out of ideas now – just wondered if anyone had any suggestions how I might get this sorted?

Cheers,

Mike
Michael White
eLearning Developer
Centre for eLearning Development (CeLD)
3V3a, Cottrell
University of Stirling
Stirling SCOTLAND
FK9 4LA
Email: [log in to unmask]
Tel: +44 (0) 1786 466877
Fax: +44 (0) 1786 466880
http://www.is.stir.ac.uk/celd/

The Sunday Times Scottish University of the Year 2009/2010
The University of Stirling is a charity registered in Scotland, number SC 011159.