Victoria,

The Northumberland Rcord Office has a camera registration scheme (see http://www.northumberland.gov.uk/default.aspx?page=1671#Reprographicguide<http://www.northumberland.gov.uk/default.aspx?page=1671#Reprographicguide>), as does Tyne and Wear Archives in Newcastle. I'm not sure if there is an initial fee involved but they may be able to give you some more advice based on thier experience.

Liz

________________________________
From: Issues related to Historic Environment Records [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Brown Victoria
Sent: 24 November 2009 14:20
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Digital Cameras

Good Afternoon,

Can you help us!

We are finding that more and more, we are getting visitors who would like to use their digital cameras to take pictures of the records cards instead of photocopying.

The question is does anybody else charge customers to allow them to use their digital cameras. If so what do you charge for and how much?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Many thanks
Victoria Brown

Sites and Monuments Record Assistant
Economic Development and Regeneration
Hull City Council
Humber Archaeology Partnership
The Old School
Northumberland Avenue
Hull
HU2 0LN
Tel. (01482) 310618
Fax (01482) 581897
Email: [log in to unmask]
Web: http://www.hullcc.gov.uk
Hull City Council recognises the importance of delivering high quality services that meet your needs. How you see the services provided by us determines whether we succeed or fail. As part of our pursuit of Service Excellence, we want to know your views of the services provided - whether they are good or bad. If you have a suggestion that may improve the services we provide let us know. All of this information will help us to provide services that:

*       Are reliable
*       Meet your needs
*       Represent value for money

We recognise that things do go wrong from time to time, and when they do, we need to know about them. Similarly, when a particular service that we provide is working well, and you are satisfied with it - we want to know. This is so that we can share this good practice for the benefit of others.

If you require a Customer Feedback Form then please contact Bev Procter tel. (01482) 612197.

________________________________
This transmission is intended for the named addressee(s) only. Unless you are the named addressee (or authorised to receive it for the addressee) you may not copy or use it, or disclose it to anyone else. If you have received this transmission in error please notify the sender immediately. All transmissions may be subjected to recording and/or monitoring in accordance with relevant legislation.

Northumberland made the following annotations
Northumberland added disclaimer:

This email is intended solely for the individual or individuals to whom it is addressed, and may contain confidential and/or privileged material.
If you are not the intended recipient you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking
any action in reliance on the contents of this email is prohibited.
If you receive this email in error, please contact the sender and delete the email from any computer.

All email communication may be subject to recording and/or monitoring in accordance with internal policy and relevant legislation.

Please, consider your environmental responsibility.
Before printing this e-mail ask yourself: "Do I need a hard copy?"