Dear Colleagues

Susan Harrow has written to ask me to assure all of you that nothing
that was written to her in reply to her query about subventions was
shown to me. She just gave me a brief summary of points raised, with no
names of people or institutions.

Many apologies for any confusion. I too will of course only use very
anonymised version of replies I have had in my paper - which, being only
20m long, will not be able to include very much detail, only broad
lines.

All the best

Naomi

Prof Naomi Segal

Director, Institute of Germanic & Romance Studies

School of Advanced Study

University of London

Senate House, Malet St., London WC1E 7HU

tel: 020 7862 8739

fax: 020 7862 8762

sec: 020 7862 8677

website: http://igrs.sas.ac.uk