Dear Giulio
    Sorry that I could not be of help on this matter although I did not
want to miss such a nice opportunity. Hope you the best of luck.

   I am leaving for New Zealand to attend Sibson symposium.

          Best regards,

               Toshi

At 22:49 09/11/19, you wrote:

>Rome, November 19, 2009
>   <>Subject: Post-Doctoral position in experimental rock mechanics at
> INGV (Rome)
>
><>            We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced
>researcher for a Post-Doctoral position at the Istituto Nazionale di
>Geofisica e Vulcanologia (INGV) in Rome (<http://www.ingv.it>www.ingv.it).
>A background in laboratory deformation experiments is desirable but not
>essential. The INGV monitors seismic and volcanic activity in Italy and
>was ranked the number one institution in volcanology and number three in
>seismology in terms of publication output during 2005 (worldwide enquiry
>by ISI Thomson). The INGV contains extensive laboratories, including
>world-class microscopic, geochemical and rock deformation facilities:
>
><http://www.roma1.ingv.it/laboratories/hp-ht-lab/high-pressure-high-temperature-laboratory-of-experimental-volcanology-and-geophysics/view?set_language=en>http://www.roma1.ingv.it/laboratories/hp-ht-lab/high-pressure-high-temperature-laboratory-of-experimental-volcanology-and-geophysics/view?set_language=en
><>
>
>             The successful applicant will join a large team of people
> with different backgrounds (structural geologists, geophysicists,
> physicists, engineers, experimentalists:
> <http://roma1.rm.ingv.it/laboratori/laboratorio-hp-ht/usems/the-people>http://roma1.rm.ingv.it/laboratori/laboratorio-hp-ht/usems/the-people)
> working on a European Research Council Starting Grant Project entitled $BE6(B
> ncovering the Secrets of an Earthquake: Multidisciplinary Study of
> Physico-Chemical Processes During the Seismic Cycle$BG(B(USEMS, PI Giulio Di
> Toro). A summary of the USEMS project can be found at the end of this
> call. For further details
>
><http://roma1.rm.ingv.it/laboratories/hp-ht-lab/usems-project>http://roma1.rm.ingv.it/laboratories/hp-ht-lab/usems-project<>
>
>             One goal of the project is to investigate rock properties
> during the seismic cycle in the upper crust, including the extreme
> deformation conditions typical of seismic slip (displacements up to 20 m,
> slip rates up to 10 m/s and normal stresses > 40 MPa). To achieve this
> goal, the successful applicant will take a leading role in developing and
> utilizing a new rock deformation apparatus recently installed at INGV.
> The apparatus is a rotary-shear apparatus called SHIVA (Slow to HIgh
> Velocity Apparatus):
>
><http://roma1.rm.ingv.it/laboratories/hp-ht-lab/laboratori/laboratorio-hp-ht/usems/the-shiva-apparatus>http://roma1.rm.ingv.it/laboratories/hp-ht-lab/laboratori/laboratorio-hp-ht/usems/the-shiva-apparatus
>
>that is designed to simulate seismic slip in the laboratory.  <>
>
>             Applicants must have completed a PhD or expect to do so by
> 1 January 2010. The selection process for the position will commence on
> 31 December 2009. Salary and benefits for the applicant will be
> [...]

        Toshihiko Shimamoto
        (Listen to the voice of nature!)
        Department of Earth and Planetary Systems Science
        Graduate School of Science
        Hiroshima University
        Higashi-Hiroshima 739-8526, Japan
        Tel. 81-82-424-7474