We would like to call your attention to a session we are organizing
for the 2010 EGU meeting in Vienna (2-7 May).

TS3.2: Petrofabrics of rheologically insignificant minerals
http://meetingorganizer.copernicus.org/EGU2010/session/2475

Official description: Petrofabric analysis is commonly conducted on
minerals that occur in great enough abundance to control the rheology
of the crust and mantle. Petrologic studies commonly focus on the
composition of different minerals: ones that record P-T-time history.
The textures of less abundant minerals such as garnet,
aluminosilicates, Ca-Al silicates, oxides and other accessory phases,
however, are a potential link between petrologic and deformation
processes. This session highlights research that uses mineral
textures to understand the interplay of physical and chemical
processes during metamorphism.

Additional description: We solicit contributions on important
information that can be obtained from the
microstructures/microfabrics of petrologically significant minerals.
Topics can focus on the structural, petrologic, geochemical, or other
aspects of these minerals, or some combination of these themes and
approaches. Ideally we will have contributions reflecting the
different ways that this topic can be studied (e.g. field,
analytical, experimental, and modeling methods), with an emphasis on
modern techniques (microanalyses, EBSD, etc.), and the different
questions and problems that can be addressed with such investigations.

Donna Whitney
Christian Teyssier

University of Minnesota
USA