Thanks for this Janine.

What an interesting list of responses. Perhaps a GEM member or area might like to organise a training day on the definitions of, and issues around, formal, non formal and informal learning? If so, NIACE would be happy to collaborate (funding permitting). Perhaps a session at GEM Conf 2010?

Ever the salesman

Essex

From: List for discussion of issues in museum education in the UK. [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Janine Marriott
Sent: 24 November 2009 21:35
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: informal learning audiences

Hi all
I put a question out on GEM a while ago and many people asked for the answers so i've attached in a doc here.  I am working from a Mac so if you can't open the doc, let me know and I'll send it to you direct
Janine Marriott

NIACE (The National Institute of Adult Continuing Education, England and Wales). A company limited by guarantee registered no. 2603322 and registered charity no. 1002775, Registered address: 21 , De Montfort Street, Leicester, LE1 7GE, UK

NIACE (Sefydliad Cenedlaethol Addysg Barhaus i Oedolion, Lloegr a Chymru). Cwmni cyfyngedig drwy warant rhif cofrestredig 2603322 ac elusen rhif cofrestredig 1002775, Cyfeiriad cofrestredig: 21 , De Montfort Street, Leicester, LE1 7GE, DU