Dear All

A bit of a hot potato in the current financial climate, but I'm looking for
some advice on income generation!

We're setting up a new heritage/visitor centre which will have various
facilities spread over 4 floors (reception area, permanent exhibition, shop,
small cafe, small lecture theatre/meeting room, education room, temporary
exhibition space, research facilities) and will act as the 'gateway' to
heritage trails throughout the local landscape. The trails will be
interpreted by leaflets but also by downloadable audio material.

I think I'm fairly clued up on the grants that are available to us - we
already have HLF and LEADER funding - but I'm looking for ways in which we
can generate commercial income. We aren't going to charge entry to the
heritage centre as we feel that will deter people. So far we have come up
with income from:

Shop sales
Cafe sales
Lecture theatre hire
Educational workshops (eg schools)
Trail leaflets/downloads
Lectures or talks (eg visiting speakers)
Guided walks

We're located in a touristy little town (Hebden Bridge) with easy access to
beautiful countryside.

Any suggestions very welcome as we need to produce a robust Business Plan.
I'm getting advice on developing the plan itself but need realistic figures
to put in it!

Many thanks

Becky Liddell
Development Manager