From: FSL - FMRIB's Software Library [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Marenco, Stefano (NIH/NIMH) [E]
Sent: Wednesday, November 25, 2009 12:16 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [FSL] DTI with High b value

Average trace of bmatrix

(sec/mm2)

Number of directions

3.8

3

8.5

6

64.9

10

114.3

12

348

16

574.6

18

858

20

1198

22

This is the scheme we used for thalamic segmentation, and I did not notice major abnormalities here with bedpostx, however I might have to look more carefully. What would be a good test of this?

In this case, would it be advisable to drop the intermediate shells (say b= 65-575?)? I thought that when we first consulted Tim about this, he advised to maintain the intermediate shells to gain SNR…. Stefano