From: FSL - FMRIB's Software Library [[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Jesper Andersson [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Tuesday, November 17, 2009 5:44 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [FSL] register T1 to T2 using FNIRT

Hi Indika,

I am afraid that fnirt cannot be used for that. Fnirt registers T1-
 >T1, T2->T2 etc. It manages to handle small differences in weighting
between the images through its intensity modulation, but they need to
be pretty similar.

Why do you need to register T1 to T2. Fnirt does between subject
registration, and as long as you have one common "contrast" between
the two subjects you can use that for the registration, and then apply
the transform to those other contrasts.

Good Luck Jesper