Dear FSL users,
we are running FSL4.1.4 in Linux Redhat Enterprise platform. We have two groups: autistics(n=6) and controls (n=7). our data is from GE Signa with 65 encoding directions. we want to 1) track the fibres that connect the broca's area and wernicke's area 2) analyse the areas where FA values differ b/w autistics and controls.
my questions are-
1) is it okay to coregister the epi volumes to an average T1w image created by averaging all the autistic subjects and all controls separately, and then each of them to the mni152 template? or is it better that i coregister each epi individually to the same mni152 template and then do the fibre tracking? or should i use the b=0 images acquired instaed?
2) is it okay to perform the fibre tracking in the diffusion space or should i do it in the template/b=0 space?
2) after the whole brain diffusion volumes are coregistered and normalised, flirted and fnirted, how can i get the track directions of the two groups displayed in FSLview as i. two separate images, ii. as a difference map autism>control and control>autism?
Thanks in advance for the help
adi

Aditya Chaudhry
PhD candidate