As there are art historians  on this list, I would like to beg everyone's indulgence for a moment and ask a non-cinematic question, although it just might be philosophical:
For a long time, I have thought that Kandinsky wrote in Concerning the Spiritual in Art about "the tragic nature of orange." As I re-read it now, I am not finding this quote anywhere.

 Did he indeed write this ? And, if he did, just what is meant by it ?

 Sarah Nichols
* * Film-Philosophy Email Discussion Salon After hitting 'reply' please always delete the text of the message you are replying to To leave, send the message: leave film-philosophy to: [log in to unmask] Or visit: http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/film-philosophy.html For technical help email: [log in to unmask], not the salon * Film-Philosophy online: http://www.film-philosophy.com Contact: [log in to unmask] **