On a related subject, did anyone see "Campus" at the weekend?http://www.comedy.org.uk/guide/tv/campus/

I watched the first few minutes, because a friend of mine had a cameo role in it.

Now, I don't know if I just had a sense of humour failure, if I've stopped recognising irony, or the joke was supposed to be on the twerp who said the offensive thing, but I switched off after about 5 minutes.  (Actually, having looked at the link, above, it seems I HAVE missed something, and the joke WAS on the twerp, but hey, I don't want to watch something I don't like, I don't see the point - I have a life!)

He called the guy in his office (my friend who is a GENUINE wheelchair user) a spastic, which isn't accurate and is, therefore, an insult.  Please note, I am NOT saying that I don't like people who have CP. I have many friends who have.

Now, my friend is a man of intelligence, so maybe I'm getting annoyed over nothing  (see above) - after all, why would he choose to be in something which he found offensive?

It just really annoyed me.  I decided to watch on, to see if it got any better.  It didn't.  So, we had racism, sexism and goodness knows what else other isms as well.

Am I missing something here?  I was very disappointed because it came from the same people who made Green Wing, which was excellent (and yes, sometimes offensive, too).

Helen

The information in this e-mail is confidential to the intended recipient to whom it has been addressed and may be covered by legal professional privilege and protected by law.
Reading Borough Council does not accept responsibility for any unauthorised amendment made to the contents of this e-mail following its dispatch.

Reading Borough Council has scanned for viruses. However, it is your responsibility to scan the e-mail and attachments (if any) for viruses.

If received in error, you must not retain the message or disclose its contents to anyone.
Please contact the sender of the email or mailto:[log in to unmask] or call Customer Services
on 0800 626540 or if international (+44) 118 939 0900, quoting the name of the sender and the addressee and then delete the e-mail

Archives and tools are located at: