Common Purpose - Colin's post(s)þ
From:  The Disability-Research Discussion List ([log in to unmask]) on behalf of Alice Maynard ([log in to unmask])
Sent: 22 November 2009 11:54:57
To:  [log in to unmask]
Well, this was good for a laugh once I'd finished choking on my coffee. Common Purpose is not a secret organisation, any more than UKDPC is. It has a very public website (http://www.commonpurpose.org.uk/home.aspx) and its goal is not world domination, but greater participation in civic life, rather than apathy. Granted, it's about as good at diversity (especially reasonable adjustments) as many other organisations (including many in the disabled people's movement) but I would just encourage disabled people to join in and change that rather than criticise from the sidelines.Or perhaps we'd rather our society continues to crumble with fewer and fewer people participating or seeking to change the status quo?I do hope list members look at all sides, rather than taking Brian Gerrish's views at face value.But then, I'm a member of this sinister organisation, as a 'graduate' of Common Purpose, so evidently I'm already part of the conspiracy..............Alice
Got more than one Hotmail account? Save time by linking them together
 http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/186394591/direct/01/

Archives and tools are located at: