There are several free services that offer students the chance to store
videos with notes and even have commentaries from others such as CLEAR RIA
etc http://www.web2access.org.uk/activity/18/.

Synote http://www.synote.org  developed by Dr. Mike Wald, goes one stage
further and offers the chance to not only synchronise videos with a
transcript and annotations but to also have mindmaps as images and
PowerPoint slides synchronised with what is being said. It is free to any
users and allows for searching and adding comments that can be linked to
particular parts of the video/lecture or slide show etc.  The actual video
can be uploaded to somewhere like YouTube and then linked to Sybote so you
can also use any videos that are helpful.

You need to register to see the samples but it is very easy and may be
useful in other circumstances such as captioning podcasts etc - An
overview about the project can be found at
http://www.synote.ecs.soton.ac.uk/overview/index.php and the blog is at
http://blog.lsl.ecs.soton.ac.uk/synote/

Best wishes E.A.

Mrs E.A. Draffan