I sent my e-mail requesting to be a member 2 months ago but have had no reply or confirmation. Does anyone know if there is a reply system in place or should I resubmit my request?

Kind regards,
Lizzie

________________________________
From: David Fryer <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Wed, 11 November, 2009 10:43:07
Subject: How to support the setting up of a Community Psychology Section of the BPS

Dear Keith

(and anyone else interested in supporting the setting up of a Community Psychology Section of the BPS).

It is very easy and quick to do:

If you are a BPS member

	1. Please send an email to: [log in to unmask]
	2. Please put the following in the subject line: Formation of BPS Community Psychology Section
	3. Please write something like the following in the message: I am emailing to express a desire to become a Member of the proposed Community Psychology Section of the British Psychological Society
	4. Please give your name and BPS membership number
	5. If you are a BPS Fellow, BPS Associate Fellow or BPS Chartered Psychologist please mention that (as a minimum of ten such members amongst the 450 required)
If you are NOT a member of the BPS

	1. Please send an email to: [log in to unmask]
	2. Please put the following in the subject line: Formation of BPS Community Psychology Section
	3. Please write something like the following: I am emailing to say I would consider joining the British Psychological Society if the proposed Community Psychology Section of the British Psychological Society were set up
	4. Please give your name and say you are considering joining the BPS but are not currently a member because there is currently no Section representing your interests
You will not be committed to join the BPS or the Section if the CP Section is set up! Officially only BPS members are counted but the number of messages sent to the dedicated email address may be taken as a crude index of interest (the Society seems well inclined towards the proposal) and a groundswell of interest in joining the BPS can only help as the Society, like any organisation, is of course preoccupied
with its own expansion (back to critique . . . )

David