A small clarification:

Our Zalman runs on a Linux box, Fedora Core 10, with an Nvidia card and driver, and its just fine. There were no trouble configuring it after 10 mins of "googling" around.

As for quality, and after saying again that I do not regret buying it and like it, I still find CRTs better for stereo. Zalman stereo 'sacrifices' every second line in the monitor, to achieve stereo, and thus

- resolution in stereo mode is notably lower than mono
- line drawings are pretty bad when a thin line is horizontal  (thus the map thickness of two trick that Paul offered is cool) ...
- Menus are difficult to read in the same monitor, you are better off with text in a second monitor
- The viewing angle is more limited and thus this monitor is not so great for 3-4 users looking at things.

Again, other than these its 200 Euro well spent ;-)

A.