Hello:

I am switching from CNS to Refmac for refinement, and given that my FORTRAN classes were such a long time ago, I am having problems with the conversion. This is the format I give ccp4 (skipped the first 7 lines)

'(6X,3F5.0,6X,F10.3,6X,F10.3,6X,F9.3/26X,F10.3,6X,F9.0)'

and here is the beginning of my .cv

NREFlection=     20349
 ANOMalous=FALSe { equiv. to HERMitian=TRUE}
 DECLare NAME=IOBS                   DOMAin=RECIprocal   TYPE=REAL END
 DECLare NAME=SIGI                   DOMAin=RECIprocal   TYPE=REAL END
 DECLare NAME=FOBS                   DOMAin=RECIprocal   TYPE=REAL END
 DECLare NAME=SIGMA                  DOMAin=RECIprocal   TYPE=REAL END
 DECLare NAME=TEST                   DOMAin=RECIprocal   TYPE=INTE END
 INDE     0    0    6 IOBS=     0.100 SIGI=     0.100 FOBS=     0.320
                   SIGMA=     0.320 TEST=         0
 INDE     0    0   15 IOBS=  1317.300 SIGI=    92.7

The error I get is:

List  reflection:    0
  Symmetry to be listed
	 raised in MtzGet <<<<<<
Error: failed to open file for read!

 ***  Error
 Error reading in HKLIN
 MTZDUMP:  *** Program Terminated
Times: User:       0.0s System:    0.0s Elapsed:     0:00
</pre>

* Information from CCP4Interface script
The program run with command: /gware/ccp4-6.1.2/linux/bin/mtzdump HKLIN "/scratch/deacona/ALS_Aug09_290_1_mtz.tmp"
has failed with error message

How can I fix this? Also, I just realized that I am running also into the problem that in CNS the test set has Rflag of 1 and in ccp4 it is 0. Is there a way to go around this? I realize that you can also assign 0 to the test set in CNS, but the .cv file has already been made, and I do not know how to easily edit it to convert the Rfreeflag to the ccp4 convention.

I have also tried using the CUT pl script, but it seems it does not work (I did make it into an executable)

Thanks a lot,
Alex

--
Alexandra M. Deaconescu, Ph.D.
Damon Runyon Cancer Research Foundation Postdoctoral Fellow

For deliveries:

c/o Grigorieff Laboratory
Brandeis University
415 South St.