From: CCP4 bulletin board [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Rohan
Agashe
Sent: Wednesday, November 04, 2009 8:55 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [ccp4bb] Offtopic - In vitro protein interaction analysis using
Diazirine crosslinkers.

Apologies for an off topic question. I was hoping for some advice regarding
the use of sulfo-NHS diazirine crosslinker (Pierce link
<http://www.piercenet.com/products/Browse.cfm?fldID=DB013E61-5056-8A76-4EC4-
473A6F2468A1> ) for in vitro protein interaction analysis.

Have tried labeling the protein (9kDa, 10 to 20uM conc) with 2 primary
amines using 30-40X excess Sulfo-NHS-Diazirine crosslinker in PBS (1hour at
4deg). Have tried other concentration combination as well, but this ratio
yields some usable material. However, majority of the protein crashes out of
solution.

Was wondering if anyone has any suggestions in optimizing the yield of
crosslinker labelled protein?

Thanks in advance.

--
Rohan Agashe