Conrad sent this to the KIDMM list so apols for xp[osting if you have it already

it is the first knew thing after classification at the crossroads and my start of concept theory tweets so I have put it there.  Working out the concepts and the theories will be interesting

My first add would be L'Ange, White Africans?

But then I am in Ethekweni

From: BCS Knowledge, Information and Metadata Management [[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Conrad Taylor [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 05 November 2009 17:27
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [KIDMM] Message from outer space...

Dear KIDMMs,

No, I am still on this planet, though I probably have given the
impression of having been abducted by extra-terrestrials. Apologies
for virtual absence, and for not responding to emails from some of
you, but in addition to dealing with an impending publishing deadine
at Thomson Reuters I have been in the throes of voluntary acitivity,
organising a conference. (What, again?)

Yes, BarCamp Africa UK is happening on Saturday, to discuss how ICTs
and other technologies can contribute to social and economic
development in Africa. The organising team is five young Africans
plus one oburoni (me), three of the other five are young members of
the BCS, and they did try to approach the BCS for some sponsorship or
support, but it was not forthcoming. However we have been generously
provided with funding and premises by Vodafone, Betavine, Cactel
Communications, Oxfam and a number of other organisations. We have
about two dozen workshops being offered and 140 people or so have
signed up, so it should be a good example of harambee (that's
kiSwahili for "all pull together").

You can find out more about the event at the wiki website I have set
up for the event at http://barcampafrica-uk.wikispaces.com. We also
think we will get some coverage from the BBC World Service's "Digital
Planet" team. I will be staffing a radio room which will do
interviews, and one of our team will be sending a live video stream,
which can be watched from a video window we've embedded on the site.

Cornelia is bringing an OLPC XO laptop for us to gawp at, Peter
Murray will also be there waving the CHIRAD flag, and I am running a
small workshop session about the requirements for publishing in
indigenous African languages. And we are attempting a live link-up
with Nigeria in the morning.

Conrad

Security System.

Security System.