Hi Richard and other subscribers/sufferers,

Agree entirely. You can always set your subscription type to digest if you want to stop your inbox overflowing.

Perhaps we should be looking at twitter and facebook for those of us who want to follow and unravel threads. Perhaps the twitter feed for the 2009 SoA conference could be morphed into a permanent tweet. At least with twitter the messages will be shorter.

SoA Ireland and South East have a facebook presence, as does Sir Hilary Jenkinson (who has a lot of facebook friends, including me). So if he can do it in his challenging circumstances (i.e. dead) then surely the SoA or other organisations with an interest in archives can do the same.

There is also archives 2.0, the social network community for archivists (slogan – connect and share).

Gary

Gary Collins
16 Clifton Road
Rugby