I am reminded of the time I was helping out at a public awareness event
for The Friends of Dundee City Archives (a very worthy group) when, at
the end of a long and rather dull afternoon in the depths (nae, bowels)
of Caird Hall, someone asked me what an archive (pronounced arh-chive)
is.  Just the spur I needed to give up & go home ...

On a more upbeat note (for all James Bond and/or Dame Shirley fans):
how about - 'Archives are forever'.  'Dust-busters' ?  'Where there's
iron gall there's a will?' 'Don't diss with my mss'?  'Don't mess with
my mss'?

Maybe not ...

Pam

--
Sincerely

Pamela Cranston
Photographic Research and Preservation Officer
Dept of Special Collections
University of St Andrews Library
North Street
St Andrews
Fife, KY16 9TR

Tel: 01334 462328
Fax: 01334 462282
Email: [log in to unmask]
Web: http://specialcollections.st-and.ac.uk/
Photographic Database: http://special.st-andrews.ac.uk/saspecial/

“The University of St Andrews is a charity registered in Scotland: No.SC013532”