Hello Peter,

I am not sure whether this is of any interest to you. In this publication there are thousands of  XRF analyses of medieval coins. Most of them are silver coins, though, and the gold coins (some 400-500) are Islamic:

Illisch, L., Matzke, M., Stern, W. B. & Steuer, H. (eds). 2003. Dirham und Rappenpfennig–Mittelalterliche Münzprägungen in Bergbaureionen. Zeitschrift für Archäologie des Mittelalters. Beiheft 17 Habelt.

The book is still available through the publisher or the H. Steuer at the University of Freiburg, Germany

Bastian