Yes, the  study was not at all considered, just the question re t-test.

Stan  Alekman

In a message dated 11/16/2009 4:38:21 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

Doesn't  this discussion overlook something? Like the structure of the
study?

There are 15 companies it seems with 10 MM each and 1 TM. It is  not said
whether or not the TMs come from the came companies as the MMs but it  is
likely. Using a t-test ignores this. If there were only one MM a paired  t-test
would do, but with 10 MM for eact TM some sort of repeated measures
analysis is called for. WEither way sample size/ power cannot be estimated
without taking into account the correlation between measurements within the  same
company.

Regards

Phil McShane