Dear colleagues,

on November 21 and 22, there will be a workshop at the University of Jena on

"Statistical Programming in R"

held by Dr. Ivailo Partchev, University of Jena.

Participation can be live, but also online. More information and
registration via:

www.metheval.uni-jena.de

Best regards

Rolf Steyer

Abstract:

R is both a powerful computing language suitable for statistical
applications, and a platform providing access to an immense collection
of community-developed statistical software.

The first day of this 1.5-day workshop will provide an introduction to R
accessible to beginners, but focused on selected aspects of the
language. Compared to my earlier workshop (available on video), I will
place more emphasis on programming issues, with examples drawn mainly
from Monte-Carlo and bootstrap simulations.

The remainder of the workshop will give a short introduction to R
facilities for analysing categorical data: producing tables of counts
and percentages, visualizing categorical data, fitting log-linear and
marginal models.

--- ---

Prof. Dr. Rolf Steyer

Friedrich-Schiller-Universitaet Jena

Institut fuer Psychologie

Lehrstuhl fuer Methodenlehre und Evaluationsforschung

Am Steiger 3, Haus 1

D-07743 Jena

GERMANY

Tel. +49 (3641) 9-45231

Sekr.+49 (3641) 9-45230

Fax: +49 (3641) 9-45232

Email: [log in to unmask]

http://www.metheval.uni-jena.de

--- ---

Join the EAM at http://www.eam-online.org

Online courses and lectures on Methodology

available as videos on demand:

http://www.metheval.uni-jena.de/courses.php