Our institutional interpretive comments are based on chart reviews and
concordance studies that have evolved over time and are fully supported
by cardiology. We don't have a time dependent comment.

0.49 or less negative for AMI

0.50 - 1.99 non diagnostic for AMI

2.00 or greater consistent with AMI

Any elevation of troponin can be indicative of myocardial injury.

DA

David Alter, MD
Clinical/ Chemical Pathologist
Pathology and Laboratory Medicine
Spectrum Health - Blodgett
1840 Wealthy ST SE
Grand Rapids, MI 49506

616 774 5123

FX 616 774 5280

"...to thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day,
Thou canst not then be false to any man..." Shakespeare (Hamlet)

"...non tissue laboratory results represent 70 - 80% of the objective
data in clinical records and that data contributes 60 - 70% to the
critical decisions made in patient care representing only 5% of a health
system's cost, but favorably influencing the remaining 95% of cost..."
Becich M, Dysert P and Forsman R.

"Test results alone don't impact patient care; inappropriate utilization
and interpretation can as there are no bad laboratory tests; only
outdated and inappropriately utilized ones " DA