From: Heaney, Katy
Sent: 10 November 2009 13:48
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: How many Cholesterol tests done a year?

Dear mailbase brain..

Does anybody know – with any degree of certainty how many cholesterol or lipid profile tests are done in the UK each year?

My simple persons way of considering the problem was to get the numbers for my own hospital – and given I know the size of the population my hospital serves – I could calculate up how many might be done for the entire population of the UK

Anyone got a better suggestion? Or just know the answer?

Thanks

Katy

Katy Heaney

Principal Biochemist

Barnet and Chase farm Hospitals NHS Trust

------ACB discussion List Information-------- This is an open discussion list for the academic and clinical community working in clinical biochemistry. Please note, archived messages are public and can be viewed via the internet. Views expressed are those of the individual and they are responsible for all message content. ACB Web Site http://www.acb.org.uk List Archives http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/ACB-CLIN-CHEM-GEN.html List Instructions (How to leave etc.) http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/
Patients first and foremost

The information contained in this email and any attachments may be subject to public disclosure under the NHS Code
of Openness or the Freedom of Information Act 2000. Unless the information is legally exempt from disclosure, the
confidentiality of this email and your reply cannot be guaranteed. The information transmitted is intended only for
the person to whom it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review,
retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons
other than the intended recipient is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you received this in error, please
contact and advise the sender and delete all record of the material from your system. Any views or opinions presented
are solely those of the author and do not represent the views of Barnet and Chase Farm Hospitals NHS Trust unless
otherwise specifically stated. Although believed to be virus free, accurate and complete, responsibility for any
loss or cost arising from its receipt or use or its incomplete or inaccurate transmission is hereby excluded to the
fullest extent possible.