Hi,

Could this be related to water quality and/or contamination of your water
supply ?

Wolfgang Schneider, PhD, CSPQ, FCACB
Chef du service clinique de biochimie
Hôpital du Sacré-Coeur de Montréal
5400, boul. Gouin Ouest
Montréal, Québec H4J 1C5
Canada
Tél.: (514) 338-2222 x 2611
Fax : (514) 338-3171
Courriel:  [log in to unmask]

                                              De :
                                               Brian Tennant <[log in to unmask]>@JISCMAIL.AC.UK
                                              Envoyé par :
                                               Clinical biochemistry discussion list <[log in to unmask]>

                                              Pour :
                                              cc :
                                               (ccc : Wolfgang Schneider/HSC06/Reg06/SSSS)
                                              Objet :
                                               Calcium problems: Roche modular users

          2009-11-19 10:11
          Veuillez répondre à Brian
          Tennant

Dear All,

We are having some quite serious problems with our calcium measurements at
Mayday Hospital.

We initially noticed unexpectedly high results, which on repeat were found
to be more in line with previous results.
Since then we have been running all calcium assays automatically in
duplicate, which are frequently discrepant.

We have been working with Roche to try and solve the problem, although they
don’t know of any other labs reporting similar problems. I was just
wondering if anyone else has been seeing odd high calcium results, perhaps
less frequently, that may provide us with some more information to try and
establish the cause of our problem.

We use the CPC method and see the effect on both a PEE and PPE line.
We have MPA, but the problem also exists with paediatric samples directly
loaded to the analysers.

Thanks for any help/ suggestions,

Brian

list for the academic and clinical community working in clinical
biochemistry. Please note, archived messages are public and can be viewed
via the internet. Views expressed are those of the individual and they are
responsible for all message content. ACB Web Site http://www.acb.org.uk