-----Original Message-----
From: Accident and Emergency Academic List
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of McCormick Simon Dr,
Consultant, A&E
Sent: 10 November 2009 16:38
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Radiographer discharge

Never heard of that one before.

The patient needs sensible advice on their soft tissue injury if it
isn't broken and that isn't what radiographers are trained to do.  Just
because it isn't broken (or isn't broken badly) doesn't mean it isn't
damaged!  Why is it people manage to come up with more and more ways to
get people to do each others jobs instead of just employing the right
number of people to do the right job in the first place?

Smacks of 'It's taken 3 hours 30 minutes to get the patient to x-ray so
let's send them away ASAP after the x-ray gets done'.

I'm afraid it's a no from me.  Loius?

Simon