Dear Colleagues and Friends

Research Collections at Glasgow Caledonian University is hosting a visit on Tuesday 27th October by the Principal of the Methodist University Ghana, together with the Director for History, Archives and Library, and the Head of Church  History.

As part of the visit we are holding an  informal lunch and discussion meeting at 12:00 in the Britannia Building Boardroom (building 1 on the campus plan at http://www.gcal.ac.uk/theuniversity/howtofindus/campusmap/ ), and I do hope that you can join us. The meeting will include a brief presentation by the Director about the work being done in Ghana to consolidate relevant archival and other heritage materials in a new Research Collections Centre at the University in Accra.

The main purpose of the rest of the visit is for Research Collections staff at GCU to take forward work we have been engaged in to help develop the heritage collections at the Methodist University.

I hope that you are free to come along, and I look forward to receiving your reply.

Best wishes

John Powles
Research Collections Manager

Times Higher Education award winner 2008: outstanding international student support
http://www.gcal.ac.uk/news/pressoffice/releases/241008.html