Von: [log in to unmask] [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 22. Oktober 2009 12:29
An: Kirsch, Peter
Cc: [log in to unmask]
Betreff: Re: [SPM] Contrast error in Flexible Factorial Design

Dear Peter,

if I get you right you did the following:

24 subjects overall
2 groups
2 conditions for every subject

You modeled the subject factor as main effect on 2nd level.
Then question is know how you modeled the factors group and condition.
One good way to do this would be to model the interaction between
group and condition.

If you model your desing this way, you get 28 columns. Column 1-24 are
the subjects. Column 25 is condition 1 for all subjects of group 1.
Column 26 is conditon 2 for all subjects of group 1. Column 27 and 28
are condition 1 and 2 for the subjects of group 2. If you are
interested in condition 1 > condition 2 in group 1 your contrast
vector would look like [zeros(1,24), 1, -1, 0, 0]. Condition 1 >
condition 2 in group 2 would be [zeros(1,24), 0, 0, 1, -1]. These are
simple effects, however. If you are interested in the main effect,
your contrast vector would be [zeros(1,24), 1, -1, 1, -1].

Hope that helps,

BaSti