Dear all

I have looked through the SPM archive and I see that conjunctions at the second level are a recurrent topic.  Despite looking through old archives I am still not exactly sure how to carry out a conjunction at the second level in SPM8 with my data.

My experiment is as follows.  I have one group of 12 subjects and  4 conditions: A, B, C, D.  I am interested in the conjunction of AC > BD and AB > CD.  At a single subject level I have carried out the conjunctions.  I have con images for t-tests at the first level, ie A>C, B>D;  A>C, B>D, and now want to carry out the conjunctions of those at the group level.

I am thinking that I could create two seperate, two sample t test designs corresponding to each of my conjunctions (AC > BD and AB > CD) using the con images of the individual ttests as group factors.  For example to explore AC > BD, I would use the ttest con images for all subjects for A>B as one group factor and C>D for the other.  Then using the control button I can create conjunctions in the contrast manager. I would then do the same for the other conjunction AB > CD, using A>C and B>D.   When I do this I get a very sensible looking SPMs...

I would be grateful for any advice.

Thank you in advance,

Sam