Hi Isabelle,

thanks again for the detailed instructions.
We have been using the procedure that you described, but were not to able to
save it. When we reload the image after the reorientation, it is saved as
reoriented, but the crosshair is still set to the origin it had before
reorienting.
In fact, in SPM8 in the Display interface, in the crosshair position panel,
there is only a box with coordinates "to move crosshair to mm/voxel
coordinates". This box gets automatically updated when we move the crosshair
to the AC.
We tried this both on nifti files and on analyze format, but the origin
settings do not get saved.

Thanks!
Elisa