..............I note, however, that the box you speak about relates to full time postgraduates, does this mean there is no help available for part time phd students, like myself?

Many thanks

Felicity M Greenfields

Message Received: Oct 11 2009, 02:32 PM
From: "Sarah-Jane Page" <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Job list and conference note

Dear all,

Please find below this week’s job list.

Also, I have been asked why there is no postgraduate rate for the upcoming Socrel annual conference to be held in Edinburgh – please let me reiterate that  bursaries for help with conference costs are available for postgraduates; this is a box that can be ticked at the bottom of the conference registration form. Basically, all postgraduates are considered for help by the conference organiser, and the level of aid offered will be dependent upon how many postgraduates need assistance. If you have any queries about this, please do get in contact with Giselle Vincett, the conference organiser. As a Study Group, we strongly support postgraduate participation at the conference and we try to enable this through the money we set aside for bursaries, so please do not think that postgraduates simply pay the full rate.

For your information, Giselle’s e-mail is [log in to unmask].

For more information about the conference (including the Call for Papers and the abstract deadline – 31st October 2009 – please see http://www.socrel.org.uk/conferences/Edinburgh2010/index.html

Best wishes,

Sarah

Job list:

Junior Research Fellowships, 2010-2013
Clare College
University of Cambridge
http://jobs.ac.uk/job/AAC876/

Lecturer in Sociology
School of Social Sciences, Humanities and Languages
University of Westminster
http://jobs.ac.uk/job/AAC898/

Senior Teaching Fellow in Taiwan Studies
Centre of Taiwan Studies
School of Oriental & African Studies, University of London
http://jobs.ac.uk/job/AAC954/

Part-Time Lecturer/Senior Lecturer In Sociology (0.4fte)
School of Humanities and Social Sciences
University of East London
http://jobs.ac.uk/job/AAC970/

Junior Research Fellowship Competitions (2009-2010)
Arts and Social Sciences
King's College
http://jobs.ac.uk/job/AAD370/

Junior Research Fellowship Competitions (2009-2010)
African Studies
King's College
http://jobs.ac.uk/job/AAD373/

Research Associate
Department of Religious Studies and the Department of Politics and International Relations
University of Kent
http://jobs.ac.uk/job/AAC701/

Two PhD Studentships
Jihad Rhetoric in Scholastic and Popular Discourse and Violence and Messianism in Islamic Thought
School of Humanities and Social Sciences
University of Exeter
http://jobs.ac.uk/job/AAD112/

SOCREL-PG is the Postgraduate e-mail list of the BSA Sociology of Religion Study Group. To join SOCREL-PG, send the following one-line message: join socrel-pg YOURFIRSTNAME YOURLASTNAME to: <[log in to unmask]>Send contributions to the list by sending messages to: [log in to unmask] To leave SOCREL-PG, send the following one-line message: leave socrel-pg YOURFIRSTNAME YOURLASTNAME to: <[log in to unmask]>

Enter your signature

Felicity M Greenfields BSc (Hons) MEd