You're quite right about the Penguin, Hannibal.  We're comparing two
excellent editions, after all.  The Yale Shorter paperback wasn't well
bound, but it was beautifully laid out and very ably edited.  I would
give the nod to McCabe for the apparatus simply because he's a
significantly better critic than most of the rest of us, but with
small type and notes jammed in the back, the edition is more
economical than lovely.  It's the one I use, though.

On the other hand no single edition ever fully supersedes the
editorial tradition--not even Hamilton's truly monumental FQ does
that.  I wouldn't consider my own library complete if it lacked either
the Yale or the McCabe.