Annually I produce a report for the University Governors and Executive;
an evaluation of the Staff Development activity across the university.

In addition to the collation of all centrally providing activity,
Schools and Services also report on local activity (provision, impact
and investment).

Following a fascinating debate at our strategy group last week I am
particularly interested in finding out what criteria other HEIs use;
both for internal and external benchmarking. In particular:

*         Do you have guidelines for local staff development spend?

*         Do any of you report/evaluate time invested in
addition/instead of financial spend?

*         Do you have guidelines for time allowances to be given to
development (not just for academics)?

*         Do you include the staff costs of your central staff
development providers?

*         Do you include the staff costs/time associated with other
local provision (eg a learning unit within a School?)

*         Which external benchmarks do you use?

I am very happy to collate and share the responses I receive if you
would find that helpful.

I look forward to hearing from you

Regards

Natasha