*** Apologies for cross-posting; please distribute
*** You can still send full chapters. Deadline: November 2 2009

Dear Esteemed Colleagues,

We trust this e-mail finds you well! We would like to cordially invite
you to consider contributing your expertise to our forthcoming book,
entitled Technology for Facilitating Humanity and Combating Social
Deviations: Interdisciplinary Perspectives.

The objective of this book is to provide the rationale,
state-of-the-art studies, proof-of-concepts, experimental studies, and
future perspectives on the use of computing tools to prevent and deal
with the problems of humanity deviations.

Recommended topics include, but are not limited to, those found at the
following link:
http://www.igi-global.com/requests/details.asp?ID=648

We plan to procure works which include a suitable balance of science
and technology with ethical, moral, and legal issues on using
computing for preventing and attacking humanity deviations.

Should you accept this invitation, we would like to kindly ask that,
on or before November 2 2009, you submit via e-mail a full chapter
(8,000 to 10,000 words) for review that clearly explains the mission
and concern of your proposed chapter. Should your chapter be accepted,
you will be notified by November 10 2009. After November 10,
chapters will be sent for double-blind peer review. Full chapter
guidelines can be found at the following website:
http://www.igi-global.com/development/author_info/ (please refer to
the Edited Books section). The book is scheduled to be published in
late 2010 by IGI Global (formerly Idea Group Inc.),
www.igi-global.com, publisher of the Information Science Reference
(formerly Idea Group Reference), Medical Information Science
Reference, and IGI Publishing imprints. Additional information
regarding this publication can also be found at
http://redmaple.hrl.uoit.ca/~humanity/cfc.htm.

If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to
contact us. We appreciate your consideration of this invitation and
hope to hear from you soon!

Best wishes,

Miguel Vargas Martin, BSc, MEng, PhD, PEng

Associate Professor
Faculty of Business and Information Technology
University of Ontario Institute of Technology
2000 Simcoe Street North, Oshawa, ON. L1H 7K4, Canada
P: 905-721-8668 ext. 2834, Fax: 905-721-3167
Email: [log in to unmask]

Miguel A. Garcia-Ruiz, BEng, MSc, PhD

Visiting Professor, Faculty of Business and IT,
University of Ontario Institute of Technology,
2000 Simcoe Street North, Oshawa, Ontario, Canada L1H 7K4
P. 905 721 8668 ext. 2885, Fax: 905-721-3167
Email:  [log in to unmask]

Arthur Edwards, MSc

Professor, College of Telematics
University of Colima
Ave. Universidad 333, Colima, 28040, Mexico
P./fax: +52(312)3161075
Email: [log in to unmask]