Dear colleagues and friends

SATSU have joined forces with the Social Informatics Research Unit (also based in the Department) because of our growing shared interests and research projects, making for a much larger critical mass of researchers here at York working on new technologies, science and culture.

To celebrate these developments and the fact that the Unit is 21 years old this year we are inviting two internationally-recognised experts each term who have made major contributions to the three core themes of the unit - the sociology of the biosciences, social informatics and regulation and governance - to give a paper relating to their work and provide the basis for subsequent discussion. Each session would be followed by a drinks reception.

We hope that you might be able to join us for one or both of the lectures this term, or those planned for the spring and summer terms. It would be great to see you.

This autumn term we are delighted to announce that Professor Stephen Graham from the University of Durham, and Dr Celia Roberts from Lancaster University will be our two guest speakers

Details about the autumn events can be found at:
http://www.york.ac.uk/res/satsu/Events,%20Meetings,%20Seminars/celebration_lectures.htm
With warm wishes
Andrew

Professor Andrew Webster AcSS